The first phase of the module dedicated to deep tech innovation at SEI is coming to an end. Traditionally, SEI Pioneer Demo Day seals the end of six intense months of advanced training, projects and sharing, but also challenges. On December 18th, the SEI Facebook channel will host the pitches of the products created by each team in response to a challenge launched by one of the project partners: GEDI Digital, Reply, COMAU, Leonardo and SAP and you will have time until Tuesday 22nd to choose your favourite one.
To help you getting ready for voting, here is a quick summary of each challenge:
- The main Italian publishing group GEDI Digital has identified a very precise goal for the Pioneers: to work on the conversion from user to subscriber, through the creation of a new “Master APP” with focus on LaRepubblica.
- Reply, on the other hand, asked for the development of a fleet of autopilot drones based on 5G technology. Among the key features to win it, not only the construction of a fleet, but also the prototyping of a mission planner, the creation of a UTM platform – for collision prevention and task management – and the implementation of 5G communication through a SDN controller.
- COMAU, the Italian robotics and automation company, has launched a challenge regarding the development of a solution that can automate the sorting of construction and demolition materials directly on site – following earthquakes but also planned demolitions in the various phases of construction and give them a new life.
- The team that took up the challenge of SAP dedicated to Clean Tech worked on the creation of a software solution aimed at providing an analysis service for the energy consumption of office buildings, integrated with an algorithm capable of predicting future consumption, so as to provide energy managers with advice and best practices to adopt to optimise consumption.
- Leonardo, the company active in the Aerospace, Defence and Security sector on a global scale, proposed the students a challenge with a triple purpose: to create a software, a network and an interface for the management of a fleet of drones to be applied to search and rescue situations.
We can’t wait to find out the winner!
Also, we would like to remind you that the second phase of Pioneer is going to start in January: it aims to put all the knowledge and skills acquired to good use and to launch a business idea.